Smooth container handling
The FlexPusher mechanism transfers the containers from the dead plate onto the running conveyor. It combines the motion of two independent servo motors to generate the sweep-out motion. The motion can be modified by changing parameters on the pusher page of the FlexIS control.
The unique motion of the FlexPusher uses all available space on the dead plate for a smooth sweep-out motion and opens the door for conveyor speeds which were not possible before. The motion of the pusher determines the placement of the containers on the belt which is the main factor in the performance of the downstream ware handling. Precise placement of the containers by the pusher also reduces losses at the ware transfer, the stacker, and the hot end coating tunnel. The pusher fingers are designed to be equipped with carbon finger liners making these fingers very flexible and contributing to the high performance of the entire system.
FlexPusher SP (Special Performance)
The FlexPusher SP is a FlexPusher extension, addressing specific high speed triple gob, non-round and unstable productions which could otherwise restrict the standard FlexPusher ware range.
Where the ware range limitation is not an issue, standard FlexPusher installations are upgradable to FlexPusher SP (and vice versa), by changing the upper housing (conversion kit 904-12/16).
- 2 axis fully servo controlled
- No pneumatics & no lubrication
- Available for IS, AIS, and NIS machines
- Fully integrated into FlexIS controls
- Simple interface for motion profile adjustment-optimization made by plant personnel
- Upgrade with FlexIS standalone on existing lines
- Various finger spacing available for SG, DG, TG, and QG
- Flexible finger liner concept
- 2 different finger heights
- Flexible finger liner inserts
- Vertical pocket air at the back plate
FlexPusher SP - Additional Features
- Full parallel container positioning before going onto conveyor belt
- Same centrifugal forces for all cavities
- High repeatability
- One control system
- Easy set up and handling
- Standard on all Emhart machine types
- Easy to customize for special products
- Built-in feature for high speed production
FlexPusher SP - Additional Benefits
- Improved high speed ware handling in TG and QG
- Better handling of unstable ware (non-round)
- Reduced ware handling losses