Laser marking in the hot end
The ID Mark laser marking system is the universal tool to mark human readable information, data matrix codes or combinations of these on hot glass bottles.
The laser marking system has a proven track record of over 125 installations and operates at production speeds. Marking the bottle with a unique code using the lD Mark makes the individual bottle identifiable. The code typically contains the real time of manufacture, a line code and information about the originating cavity. This information facilitates the resorting of bottles.
Along the value chain of glass production additional benefits apply, for example, the brand protection against counterfeit and the improved management of returnable bottles. Together with the Control Center, forming production data like forming machine settings and sensor data can be stored to an individual container which is the basis for a deeper process understanding and process control.
- Permanent marking
- No weakening of the container
- Easy-to-read marking
The code can be marked at any position on the container height.
- Real production time of bottles allows easy identification if failures occur
- Can substitute the cold end marking
- Protection against counterfeiting
- Traceability along the complete lifetime of the container
- Promotional campaigns become much easier to control (can be turned on/ off)
- Real production time of bottles allows easy identification if failures occur (2).
- Promotional campaigns become much easier to control (can be turned on/off)
- Can substitute the cold end marking if a cell phone application is used for
The machine readability of the code additionally offers:
Production information of an individual bottle can be attached to the code in a database (Traceability)
- allows data driven joint failure analysis between filler and glass producer,
- enables closed loops of cold end to hot end.
Protection against counterfeiting.